Dosing InformationThe dose of Adriamycin your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type of cancer being treated
- Your height and weight
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Adriamycin Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of AdriamycinAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Adriamycin. Like most forms of chemotherapy, Adriamycin is capable of causing serious side effects.
Common side effects include but are not limited to:
- Hair loss (see Doxorubicin and Hair Loss)
- Nausea or vomiting (see Chemotherapy and Nausea)
- Weight gain (see Doxorubicin and Weight Gain).
(Click Adriamycin Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)