Adriamycin Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Adriamycin?You should not take Adriamycin if you:
- Are allergic to Adriamycin, doxorubicin hydrochloride, or any of the inactive components used to make Adriamycin. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a low neutrophil count (below 1500 cells/mm3) before starting Adriamycin.
- Have severe liver disease.
- Have had a heart attack recently.
- Have severe heart failure.
- Have a severe arrhythmia.
- Have reached your lifetime maximum dose of Adriamycin or other medications, including:
o Daunorubicin (Cerubidine®, DaunoXome®)o Doxorubicin (Adriamycin®, Doxil®)o Idarubicin (Idamycin®)o Valrubicin (Valstar®).