When and How to Take ItGeneral considerations for when and how to take Arimidex include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth once a day.
- It can be taken with or without food. If Arimidex bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Arimidex should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Arimidex will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Arimidex your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Arimidex Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of ArimidexAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Arimidex. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects include but are not limited to:
(Click Arimidex Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
The following eMedTV articles describe specific side effects of the drug:
- Arimidex and Depression
- Arimidex and Insomnia
- Arimidex and High Cholesterol
- Arimidex and Weight Gain.