Arimidex Side Effects
Serious Arimidex Side EffectsSome side effects with Arimidex, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Depression (see Arimidex and Depression)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Difficulty breathing
- Unusual or unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Increase in tumor size or appearance of new tumors
- Signs of a heart attack, such as chest pain, shortness of breath, and jaw or arm pain
- Signs of a blood clot, such as:
- Tenderness (especially in the legs)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling.
Rare Arimidex Side Effects
Rare side effects of Arimidex occur in 3 to 7 percent of people taking the drug. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it can be difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by Arimidex or by factors unrelated to the medication.
Some of these rare side effects include but are not limited to: