Aromasin and Insomnia
Aromasin and Insomnia: SuggestionsIf you are having difficulty sleeping while taking Aromasin, there are some things that you can try. Some tips for better sleep include:
- Keeping a regular sleep-wake cycle. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine in the four to six hours before bedtime.
- Refraining from exercise within two hours of bedtime. Exercising five or six hours before bedtime may help you sleep more soundly.
- Avoiding large meals within two hours of bedtime.
- Refraining from taking a nap later than 3 p.m.
- Sleeping in a dark, quiet room at a comfortable temperature.
- Doing a quiet activity somewhere if you can't fall asleep within 20 minutes and returning to bed when you're sleepy.
- Winding down in the 30 minutes before bedtime with a relaxing pre-sleep ritual, such as a warm bath, soft music, or reading.
(Click Good Sleep Habits for more suggestions.)
Remember that it is impossible for your healthcare provider to know whether you will develop insomnia while taking Aromasin. Also, in some cases, if a person does develop insomnia, it is difficult to know whether these problems are because of Aromasin or other factors.
If you develop insomnia while taking Aromasin, talk with your healthcare provider. He or she may be able to recommend other treatments, such as suggesting insomnia medications, adjusting the Aromasin dosage, or trying another breast cancer treatment.