Aromasin Side Effects
Common side effects of Aromasin include hot flashes, nausea, and fatigue. However, most people tolerate the medication well. If side effects should occur, they are typically minor and easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects that you should immediately report to your healthcare provider include depression, anxiety, or signs of an allergic reaction.
An Introduction to Aromasin Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Aromasin® (exemestane). However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication well. If side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with this medication. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Aromasin side effects with you.)
Common Side Effects of AromasinAromasin has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, in which the side effects of a group of people taking the drug are documented. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine. In these studies, the most common side effects of this medication included:
- Hot flashes -- in up to 32.9 percent of women
- Fatigue -- up to 22 percent
- Nausea -- up to 18 percent
- Hair loss -- up to 15.1 percent (see Aromasin and Hair Loss)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) -- up to 15.1 percent
- Joint pain -- up to 14.6 percent
- Headaches -- up to 13.1 percent
- Insomnia -- up to 12.4 percent (see Aromasin and Insomnia).
Other common side effects (occurring in 5 to 12 percent of people) included:
- Increased sweating
- Vision problems
- Arm or leg pain
- Back pain
- Abdominal pain (or stomach pain)
- Muscle pain
- Flu symptoms (such as fever or chills)
- Swelling or water retention
- Loss of appetite