Ellence Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Ellence if you:
- Are allergic to Ellence, epirubicin hydrochloride, or any inactive components used to make Ellence. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a low neutrophil count (below 1500 cells/mm3) before starting Ellence.
- Have severe liver disease.
- Have had a heart attack recently.
- Have severe heart failure.
- Have a severe arrhythmia.
- Have reached your lifetime maximum dose of Ellence or other medications, including:
o Daunorubicin (Cerubidine®, DaunoXome®)o Idarubicin (Idamycin®)o Valrubicin (Valstar®).
Ellence Warnings and Precautions: Final Thoughts
There are a number of situations in which Ellence should not be taken, as well as several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific Ellence warnings and precautions that may apply to you.