Suggestions for Femara and Weight Gain
If you are noticing unexplained weight gain with Femara
, there are some things that you can do. Some of these suggestions include:
- Eating a heart-healthy diet. This diet should include foods such as:
- Lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts.
- Limiting foods with saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars.
- Getting regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.
- Limiting your intake of alcohol.
(Click BMI Calculator to see if your weight is within a healthy range.)
Final Thoughts on Femara and Weight Gain
If you are taking Femara and weight gain occurs, talk with your healthcare provider. He or she can give you other suggestions for dealing with any weight gain. If the weight gain continues, he or she may recommend adjusting the Femara dosage
or switching to a different breast cancer treatment