In most cases, postmenopausal women are prescribed a Femara dosage of 2.5 mg, which is taken by mouth once a day. People who have liver disease may be prescribed a lower dosage. Some of the factors that can affect your specific Femara dose include the severity of the breast cancer, other medications you may be taking, and other medical conditions you may have.
An Introduction to Femara DosageThe dose of Femara® (letrozole) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your breast cancer (see Breast Cancer Stages)
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your Femara dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Femara Dosage for Breast CancerThe recommended Femara dose in postmenopausal women is Femara 2.5 mg, taken once daily.
People with liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis, may need to take a lower Femara dosage.
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Femara with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Femara should be taken at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medicine in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Femara will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Femara dosing in general, talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Femara without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.