Drug InteractionsHalaven can potentially interact with a few other medicines (see Halaven Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, hepatitis, or cirrhosis
- Low blood counts
- Long QT syndrome (a genetic irregular heart rhythm)
- Low potassium or low magnesium levels
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Halaven and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Halaven and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Halaven Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not receive the drug.)
What If I Receive an Overdose?An overdose of this medication could be very dangerous, as it may cause dangerously low blood counts or other serious problems.
(Click Halaven Overdose for more information.)