Breast Cancer Home > Breast Cancer Reconstruction
Questions Regarding Breast Cancer ReconstructionYou may want to ask your doctor these questions before having reconstruction surgery for breast cancer:
- What is the latest information about the safety of breast implants?
- How many breast reconstructions have you done?
- Which type of surgery would give me the best results?
- How long will the surgery take? What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- When do you recommend I begin breast reconstruction?
- How many surgeries will I need?
- What are the risks at the time of surgery? Later?
- Will there be scars? Where? How large?
- Will flap surgery cause any permanent changes where tissue was removed?
- What complications should I report to you?
- How long will my recovery take? When can I return to my normal activities? What activities should I avoid?
- Will I need follow-up care?
- How much will it cost? Will my health insurance pay for breast reconstruction?