Breast Cancer Home > Halaven
- This medication is given intravenously (by IV) on days 1 and 8 of a 21-day cycle
- It is given over a very short period of time (two to five minutes), much shorter than most other IV chemotherapy drugs
- If you develop serious side effects, your treatment with this medication may need to be postponed
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on several factors, such as:
- Your height and weight
- Your kidney and liver function
- How well you tolerate the medication.
Side Effects of HalavenJust like any medicine, Halaven can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, some people tolerate it quite well, although most people will develop side effects.
- Neutropenia (low levels of a certain type of white blood cell called neutrophils)
- Fatigue or weakness
- Hair loss
- Nerve problems, such as nerve pain or unusual sensations.