Breast Cancer Home > Herceptin Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects with Herceptin, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Depression (see Herceptin and Depression)
- Signs of congestive heart failure, including difficulty breathing and swelling or water retention (see Cardiotoxicity and Herceptin)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- High blood pressure
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.
Let your healthcare provider know immediately if you notice any signs of an infusion reaction while the medication is being administered. Signs of an infusion reaction to Herceptin might include:
- Shortness of breath
- Low blood pressure
- A rash
- A general feeling of weakness.