Breast Cancer Home > Taxol Side Effects
Some side effects with Taxol, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia) during a Taxol infusion
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension) during an infusion
- Severe nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Blood in the stool
- Signs of an infection, such as fever or chills (see Chemotherapy and Infections)
- Severe fluid retention or difficulty breathing (Fluid Retention During Chemotherapy)
- Severe mouth sores
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Taxol, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.