Breast Cancer Home > Tykerb Side Effects
Some side effects with Tykerb, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Blood in the stool or coughing up blood (signs of gastrointestinal bleeding)
- Severe constipation, nausea, vomiting, or mouth sores
- Severe pain or redness of the hands or feet
- Increase in tumor size or appearance of new tumors
- Difficulty breathing or water retention, which can be signs of congestive heart failure (CHF)
- A fever or other signs of an infection (see Chemotherapy and Infections)
- Signs of liver problems, including yellow skin or eyes, dark urine, and upper-right abdominal pain (stomach pain).
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to Tykerb, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.