Breast Cancer Home > Zoledronic Acid
Zoledronic acid is a medication that can be prescribed to treat conditions such as Paget's disease, high blood calcium due to cancer, and osteoporosis. It is an injectable medicine that is given through IV by a healthcare professional. Side effects that have been reported with this drug include nausea or vomiting, fatigue, and weight loss.
- Treating Paget's disease of bone
- Treating osteoporosis in men and postmenopausal women
- Preventing and treating osteoporosis due to glucocorticoid steroid medications (such as prednisone)
- Treating high blood calcium levels due to cancer (known medically as hypercalcemia of malignancy)
- Treating multiple myeloma or solid tumor cancers that have spread to the bone (to help prevent or delay broken bones or other bone damage).
- Weight loss (see Zometa and Weight Loss).