Perjeta Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Perjeta side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of congestive heart failure, including difficulty breathing and swelling or water retention
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Let your healthcare provider know immediately if you notice any signs of an infusion reaction while the medication is being administered. Signs of an infusion reaction to Perjeta might include:
- Shortness of breath
- Low blood pressure
- A rash
- A general feeling of weakness.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Perjeta or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.