General considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- It comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth once daily.
- It should be taken at least an hour before or one hour after a meal.
- Tykerb should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is the case with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Tykerb Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Tykerb. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Tykerb include, but are not limited to: